JEA Adviser Institute Scholarship: Apply by Feb. 15
January 17, 2017
Filed under Awards
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
For the first time in its history, the Virginia Association of Teachers and Advisers is offering a scholarship to send a Virginia adviser to the JEA the JEA Advisers Institute in Las Vegas this July 10-13.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a current VAJTA member
- Must plan to advise a student media staff in the 2017-2018 school year
- Applications must be received by Feb. 15, 2017
Additionally, the recipient must:
- Attend all four days of the Institute
- Complete three blog posts with pictures for the VAJTA website describing what they learned from specific sessions, networking experiences, and how they plan to implement tips/tricks/techniques into their classroom. Blog posts must be submitted by August 1, 2017.
- Be responsible for any expenses beyond the $500 grant.
- Submit registration, flight and hotel confirmation to Erinn Harris either via email (email@example.com) or mail printed copies to 501 N. Armistead Street, #102, Alexandria, VA.
- Funds will be mailed to award recipient upon completion of paperwork and blog posts.
The JEA Adviser Institute in Las Vegas is not only an amazing professional development opportunity, but it also allows advisers from all over the country to network, relax and enjoy each other’s company.
As far as programming is concerned, the Adviser Institute offers advisers:
- differentiated instruction strategies
- technology in the classroom
- subject-specific professional learning community participation
- curriculum alignment to state and national standards
- essential learner outcomes in a 21st-century classroom
- media literacy, ethical journalism
- best practices in creating formative and summative assessment tools
- preparation and testing for Certified Journalism Educator and Master Journalism Educator status