Board of Directors Job Descriptions
Teachers/Advisers who agree to serve on the VAJTA Board of Directors are expected to:
– ATTEND BOARD MEETINGS (USUALLY FOUR A YEAR ON SATURDAY MORNINGS FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS)
– REPRESENT YOUR VAJTA REGION OF THE STATE BY:
1. Contact schools in your region to encourage membership in JEA & VAJTA.
2. Contact teachers in your region to encourage them to submit state JOY nominees, adviser award nominee.
3. Be an advocate for media you advise.
– NOMINATE ONE OF YOUR STUDENTS FOR THE STATE JOY AWARD – PRESENT A SESSION OR WORK ON A JOB SUCH AS REGISTRATION AT THE SPRING WORKSHOP.
– NOMINATE ONE ADVISER PER YEAR FOR AN ADVISER AWARD.
– CONTRIBUTE TO THE WEBSITE BY:
1. Write one article per year.
2. Secure one other writer for an article per year.
– HELP TO PLAN THE SPRING EVENT IN YOUR REGION OR ENCOURAGE ATTENDANCE IF IT IS IN ANOTHER REGION.
– CONTRIBUTE TO A STANDING COMMITTEE:
1. Membership/Budget (recruit/retain members, plan annual budget)
2. Programming (jCamp/Spring Workshop, Fall Workshop)
3. Communication (Website/Social Media)
4. Mentoring/Networking (organize/facilitate mentor/protege work)