JEA Names McLean High School’s Lindsay Benedict a 2015 Rising Star

Lindsay Benedict teaches journalism and broadcast journalism at McLean High School in northern Virginia. She is the adviser to The Highlander newsmagazine and website, as well as WMHS News, a live show that is televised throughout the school each morning. The Highlander Online was an NSPA Pacemaker finalist last year, and the newsmagazine has received NSPA First Place Critiques, CSPA Gold Medalist Critiques and Trophy Class from VHSL. Lindsay was the News Editor of her own high school newspaper in Idaho, and she loves working with students to create multiple publications.

On Jan. 27, the Journalism Education Association named McLean High School’s Lindsay Benedict a 2015 Rising Star. Given to advisers with five or fewer years of experience, Benedict was among 11 advisers that will be recognized in Denver at the Spring National High School Journalism Convention.

For more information and complete list of honorees, click here.

For information on how to join the celebration in Denver, click here.